Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Favorite Things Friday! A Great Kitchen & Williams Sonoma

When I saw this article online at Elle Decor, I had to read it! 
The first line of the article reads: 

"Some people have a thing for shoes;
I have a thing for kitchens." ~ Celia Tejada

She had me at the first line!  Don't get me wrong, I love shoes, clothes, accessories, but I heart KITCHENS!!  No wonder she is a design guru for WS!  We share the belief that white dishes keep things looking clean & more organized.  Plus, I like to use accents of color with salad plates, napkins & tablecloths, as the seasons change...or my mood!
I love to cook & entertain.  And, I work pt-time at Williams Sonoma.  Therefore, I need a bigger kitchen. LOL!  But, my kitchen cannot get any bigger in my townhouse.  I have lived with it for 3 yrs to see what works & doesn't work.  I've gotten rid of things I don't use & turned my Entry Closet into my downstairs Butler's Pantry.  This is where I house my waffle maker, ice cream maker, speciality cake pans, etc...  I've kept a "Design To Do" notebook for about 21 yrs.  I usually start a new one every January.  It has tabs for every room in my house.  Under the Kitchen Tab, the list includes all the things I have to do on a Daily, Weekly & Monthly basis.  There is also a Dream Tab.  This is where money is no object.  There's a list of things I need to buy or have done, sketches of my dream floor plan.  Then, I reevaluate what I can do myself, without having to hire someone.  The rest, I try to figure out, in more budget friendly ways to make it happen, a little at a time.

Examples: 
  • Weekly -  Purge the fridge & freezer
  • Monthly - Wipe down cabinets
  • Dream Tab -  Marble Countertop for Island & Black Honed Granite for Base Cabinets
Still a few more things I want to do in the future, but a girl can always dream...3" White Carrara Marble Countertops...aaahhhh!  At least on my little island!
What does your Dream Kitchen look like?
2 of my other "Favorite Things" today, Texas A&M & football!!  Aggies are playing LSU in the Cotton Bowl tonight!  BTHO LSU!! Gig'em Ags!  WHOOP!

Have a Blessed day~
Dena



 
Celia Tejada 
Designer for Williams Sonoma
All Photos - Michal Venera
for Elle Decor
  


 
The Big Island
3" Carrera Marble Countertops - My Dream!!
She already has the wine poured...
  



Essentials with Personality
I would definitely love to cook here!
60" Viking Stove
  

Restaurant Details
Notice the Stainless Steel Strip
Holding photos & recipes!



Living in the Kitchen
A Chef has to rest, to be her best!



Original Floor Plan


Transformation


Read the complete article here:
A house is built by wisdom & it is established by understanding.  By knowledge the rooms are filled with every precious & beautiful treasure.  Proverbs 24:  3~4

No comments:

Post a Comment