Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Plan B, sometimes C

Have you ever made plans to do something & it just didn't work out like you planned?
Dinner plans, kitchen remodel, conversations, etc... Of course, we all have!

I had been looking forward to watching the Cotton Bowl -A&M-LSU game last night, with some old friends, that live out Hwy290.  Friday night + Houston wrecks & traffic = Plan B. I was unable to get to the Football Party, but  I ended up joining my dear friend Sandra.  We had a great time, despite the final score of the game, at "Next Door".  It's the bar & lounge area, literally next door to one of my faves, Hungry's.  Same owners, same patio, merged staff!  The outdoor space has evolved into the "neighborhood lounge area".  The food & atmosphere are great! They have 2 large screen TVs outside & live music, in between sports games. They do an awesome weekend Brunch, too! I also love it, because it's in my back yard!  Sometimes, we have to punt Plan A & go with B!  Deb & David, I owe you a Plan C...an adaptation of Plan A!


 
Since the weather in Houston is supposed to get rainy & colder this week, I thought I would share some great outdoor spaces.   I hope all your weekend plans go as expected & you get to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!
Blessings~Dena

East Hampton Style 
 Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten's Barn
House Beautiful
Photo - Simon Upton


All Photos Below - HGYV
Bold Color 


What a View!



Light that Fireplace



Rooftop Living

Miami Chic
Courtyard Style
Beachside Warmth


In the Round








Just Step Outside
Just Add Marshmallows
Private Escape

My friend Paul, used to live in Chicago.  This was his escape on his patio, If you leaned over the balcony, you could see Lake Michigan!  Now he lives in Times Square & still has a balcony, just a little noisier!
City Space in Chicago
 Photo - Paul Hardy

A house is built by wisdom & it is established by understanding. By knowledge the rooms are filled with every precious & beautiful treasure. - Proverbs 24:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment