Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"I SPY"...In the Movies

You have to check this website out:  Set Decorators Society of America

I love this website!  It gives me tons of info about my favorite movies' & television shows' set decor.
I remember watching Home Alone, when I was a Store Manager for The Bombay Company, in the 1990's.  Our District Mgr. did a team building dinner & a movie.  We watched the movie & had to play "I SPY".  We had to spot as many items as we could, that were used from the company.  Prizes were involved, so we had to pay attention, to the details, not the movie.
All these years of watching movies & I thought I was strange.  But, now I know I'm not the only one looking the at bookshelves, cabinets, countertops & trying to see how they accessorized.  It's like sneaking a peek into the character's everyday lives.  How they live, where they shop, what they read, wear & how they decorate!  Thank goodness for VCR's & DVR's!
Sometimes the sets are more interesting to me, than the movie, itself.  If I end of loving them both, I have to buy the DVD & watch the movie & play "I SPY".  Also, check out IMDb, for more info on your favorite shows & movies.
Here are a few of my favorites!


Home Alone
The McCallister's Foyer
Beware of all the 80's wallpaper!
To see more of this great Chicago house, check out Hooked on Houses!
Set Decorator Eve Cauley & Daniel B. Clancy




Something's Gotta Give
Erica Barry's Living Room
 Set Decorator Beth Rubino SDSA & Production Designer Jon Hutman
 
Something's Gotta Give
Erica Barry's Kitchen
Where's Jack?

It's Complicated
Jane Adler's Living Room
Set Decorator Beth Rubino SDSA & Production Designer Jon Hutman




It's Complicated
Jane Adler's Eat In Kitchen
Notice the Carrara Marble Island & the All-Clad Pans.

It's Complicated
Cabinet/Countertop Detail
"I spy", at least 7 items from Williams SonomaBreville Toaster, Kitchen Aid Pro MixerBreville Espresso Machine, Apilco Espresso Cups, Cuisinart Coffee Maker, WS House Olive Oil & a Pillivuyt Cake StandI wonder what's hiding under that skirt?



Jane Adler's Work Place
Do you see what I see?  Carrara Marble!!
I could definitely work here or eat here!


The Good Wife
Alicia Florrick's Living Room
Classic & the built-in bookcases!
Set Decorator Beth Kushnick SDSA & Production Designer Seth Hendrickson CBS


The Good Wife
Alicia Florrick's Urban Kitchen
I SPY a Lemongrass Le Creuset Tea Kettle



Sex & the City 2
Carrie & Big's Living Room
See what hiring a Designer can do?
Set Decorator Lydia Marks SDSA & Production Designer Jeremy Conway

Sex & the City 2
Carrie & Big's Dining Room
Love the Chandelier!

St. Elmo's Fire
Jules' Apartment, before everything was repossessed!
The infamous Billy Idol, in neon!
Set Decoration Robert Gould & Charles Graffeo

St. Elmos' Fire
Leslie & Alec's Loft
Notice the Nike wall mural!
Sofa was delivered, after they broke up!  Darn that Kevin!

The Big Chill
The Cooper's South Carolina Kitchen
Classic Butcher Block C-tops & look at that view above the sink!
Set Decorator George Gaines


The next time you sit down to watch television or go to the movies, play "I SPY"! 
And, eat some popcorn , too!




A house is built by wisdom & it is established by understanding.  By knowledge the rooms are filled with every precious & beautiful treasure. - Proverbs 24:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment