Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

It's a Tea Party!

No....not the political kind.  The cup at a time, kind.
I just found out it's National Hot Tea Month!  It makes sense, it's cold in most of the US, in January.
 
I started drinking hot tea in college, while I worked pt. time at "I Can't Believe It's Not Yogurt".  It was next door to The Kaffee Klastch in College Station.  It was a ghost town, during Christmas break. Since business was slow, we would visit with each others shops & "trade samples". 
It was love at first sip!  I ended up buying a good teakettle, cups, teapot, loose tea & tea strainer & even a tea cozy!  I guess they loved our yogurt, too!
Throughout the years, I have thrown many Bridal & Baby Shower Teas & I miss them!  Most of my friends are married now & children are grown & there doesn't seem to be much time...to have a quaint little Tea Party.  So, I've decided to throw a Tea Party & you're invited. 
So, pour your favorite tea in your best cup, sit & enjoy a spot of tea with me!  No hat & gloves required! 




Boil the Water




Old Dutch Teakettle
Windsor Whistling
This is my favorite!
Available at Amazon




Courtly Check Enamel Teakettle
Available at MacKenzie Childs

Zen Teakettle
Available at Le Creuset




 Choose your Cup

English Style
My favorite Cup!
Evesham Gold
by Royal Worcester
 

Perky enough for
Breakfast Blend!


Dark & Elegant
Just right for Black Tea!


Perfect Fit
for Green Tea or Chai


Artful Tea
Isamu Noguchi Tea Cup
Available at bonluxat

Select your Tea
Loose or Bags

Fortnum & Mason
Royal Blend
Client recommended this to me & it's wonderful!
They have Earl Gray & Breakfast Blend, too!
Available at Williams Sonoma


A Real Smooth Talker
Constant Comment
by Bigelow


Lipton's Black Teabags


Warm your Teapot 
& Serve

Touch of Whimsy
Taylor Teapot - Odd Fellows
Available at MacKenzie-Childs


Decorative Teapot

Asian Cast Iron Teapot
Available  at
Aroma Oil Essentials


Zygo Teapot

Bodum Glass Teapot
 Available at Williams Sonoma

Cozy Up 
&
Keep It Warm


Beaded Tea Cozy
Available at Linge de Berry

Union Jack Cozy
Available at Amazon

2pc. Bodum Assam Tea
Press with Cozy
Available at Crate&Barrel

Essentials

Strainer for Tea Bags
Available at Williams Sonoma

Loose Tea Strainer
Available at Teavana


Accompaniments


Lime Tea Cakelets
Recipe from Williams Sonoma

Cheese Dill Scones
Recipe from MyRecipes.com


Have a wonderful & Blessed weekend!
Dena


A house is built by wisdom & it is established by understanding.  By knowledge the rooms are filled with every precious & beautiful treasure. Proverbs 24: 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment