Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolutions...Still Keeping Them?

We have over a week of 2011, under our belts!  How's your belt, looser or tighter?  Hopefully, not quiet as tight!  How many resolutions did you make?  I made a few of the same ones I make every year: 
  1. Take better care of myself:  More sleep, workout, learn to say no to every event!
  2. Spend quality time with family & friends!  Visit parents more often.  Invite friends over for brunch, dinner or movie night, etc...
  3. Spend less & use what I have - i.e....home furnishings, kitchen pantry, etc...only buy the ingredients that I'm going to cook that week.
  4. Organize & edit every closet, drawer, nook & cranny of my townhome!
I pledge all these things, on this blog, so hold me to them!

#1 has to happen first & so far, so good this first week. Pants are a little less snug!
#4 has to happen, at least in the kitchen, before #2 can happen.
In August, I started with my breakfast room/pantry.  Since I don't use this space as intended, I wanted it to become part of the kitchen, kinda like a Butler's Pantry.
Here is what my kitchen & breakfast room looked like when I bought my townhome:



Breakfast/Pantry
Before
Sliding doors are gone & French Doors are installed!
 

Kitchen/Laundry
Before
They took the stove before I moved in!


Stage 1 ~ Reorganizing
Wilbur is covering his eyes! Get me outta this place!
  
Stage 2 ~ Bookcases
My Kitchen Library


Stage 3 ~ Island
Wilbur loves his new home!
 I love being able to move the island over to the kitchen area, as added counter space, while cooking.  The other side of the island flips up, with enough room to pull up 2 bar stools.  My dream is to have a marble countertop for the island, for baking! I have moved things around again & purged the pantry.  Starting on the kitchen cabinets this week, so I will post updates, later this week!
Hope to have you all over for dinner soon! ;-)
Have a great day!
Dena


A house is built by wisdom & it is established by understanding. By knowledge the rooms are filled with every precious & beautiful treasure.  Proverbs 24: 3~4

No comments:

Post a Comment